Welcome to my practice! I specialize in a number of advanced medical techniques and utilize cutting-edge assessment methods to help my patients resolve their health concerns and improve their overall vitality. My practice encompasses all types of health conditions, with a specific focus on pain, integrative cancer care, autism spectrum disorder, pediatrics, Lyme disease, and chronic symptoms. I embrace the teachings of biological medicine and strive to use those principles to help bring the bodies of my patients into balance.
Thank you for visiting and I wish you the best in health!
Dr. Bryan Rade, ND
Dr. Bryan Rade, ND is pleased to offer his family medical services to anyone wishing to correct a current health concern or work towards general health promotion. He believes in combining his knowledge of both conventional and complimentary medical theory to provide his patients with the most effective, research-based, and up-to-date care possible. While naturopathic doctors use a wide range of therapeutic tools, Dr. Rade primarily focuses on herbal medicine, Traditional Chinese Medicine (acupuncture and Chinese herbs), nutritional therapy, and lifestyle counselling in his practice. He is a firm believer in the concept of “Doctor as Teacher” and encourages everyone to take an active role in obtaining and maintaining their physical, mental, and emotional well being. Dr. Rade embraces the teachings of biological medicine and continually works to learn from the leaders in that field, including Dr. Thomas Rau, Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt, Dr. Robert Milisen, and others.
Dr. Rade is a graduate of the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine and also completed studies in the medical and biological sciences at the University of Western Ontario. As a licensed naturopathic doctor, he is registered under the Board of Directors of Drugless Therapy – Naturopathy and holds membership with the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors and the Nova Scotia Association of Naturopathic Doctors. He has purused additional professional training in a number of fields, including: IV therapy, integrative cancer treatment (member of the Oncology Association of Naturopathic Physicians), the biomedical treatment of autism (DAN Doctor), ozone therapy, advanced pain treatment techniques (neural therapy, neural prolotherapy, platelet-rich plasma, prolotherapy, and trigger point therapy), integrative treatment of chronic Lyme disease and coinfections, and advanced chiropractic techiques (Koren Specific Technique, Activator Therapy).
Dr. Rade lives in the Halifax area with his partner and fellow naturopathic doctor, Dr. Taryn Deering, ND, and his son. Outside of work, he enjoys an active lifestyle including hiking, running, rock climbing, and a variety of other sports.
Dr. Rade's additional training and skill acquisition:
- Member of the Oncology (Cancer) Association of Naturopathic Physicians (oncanp.org)
- Member of the Pediatric Association of Naturopathic Physicians (pedanp.org)
- Defeat Autism Now (Autism Research Institute) Clinician Seminar Part 1 (October 2010) (www.autism.com)
- International Lyme and Associated Disease Society (ILADS) Conference 2011
- Advances in Cancer Strategies Symposium (April 2012)
- Advanced IV Therapies for Cancer with Dr. Eric Marsden, ND (April 2012)
- Injection Therapy Workshop with Dr. Hal Blatman, MD (August 2012)
- Physicians Retreat with Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt, MD (September 2012)
- 2nd Annual Nova Scotia Naturopathic Conference (September 2012)
- Chelation Therapy Workshop with the American College for the Advancement of Medicine (November 2012)
- Iridology Course Part 1 and 2 with Kay Kammerer (February 2013)
- Oncology Association of Naturopathic Physicians Annual Conference (February 2013)
- Darkfield Microscopy training with Dr. Harvey Bigelsen MD (March 2013
- American Association of Ozone Therapy Annual Conference (April 2013)
- Paracelsus Biological Medicine Certificate Program Module 1 and 2 with Dr. Thomas Rau MD
- Pascoe Biopuncture Course (August 2013)
- 3rd Annual Nova Scotia Naturopathic Conference (September 2013)
- Field Control Therapy (FCT) by Dr. Savely Yurkovsky MD (October 2013)
- Paracelsus Biological Medicine Certification Program Module III with Dr. Thomas Rau MD (November 2013)
- CEASE Therapy Course (March 2014)
- Advanced Clinical Oncology with Dr. Neil McKinney ND (March 2014)
- American Osteopathic Association of Prolotherapy annual conference (May 2014)